about

All animations can be viewed on my you tube channel HERE (unless they are unlisted but there are links on the Blog)

Wednesday 9 April 2014

pop-up book

After seeing  a few adverts were it gave the impression of being cut out of paper and being a 3D pop-up book I decided I wanted to have a go at making a stop motion this way. As I mentioned before I find it very difficult making an animation with out I time limit. So I decided I would do it for my AS media Studies production piece.
I soon learn that it is not a good Idea to change what brief you are doing after working on the first one for nearly 3 months.
I choice three counties to make it based on and wanted to make three, 40 second long animations. I soon found found this was near impossible with the amount of time I took to make the book it self and to actually take the pictures. I decided to just do Australia and England as I never got around to making the last three pages.

I came across may difficulties:
  • having the camera at the correct hight as the pages open
  • Having all the page in shot
  • doing a smooth panning shot with out a devise to have it one
  • blue tack will not always stop gravity from making your fish fall out of the sky
  • you cannot rub out pen so think care fall about the order the pictures will be taken in
  • lighting will forever be a problem when working on a tiny desk in my room
  • spelling a big problem as it has happens twice now I still do not know how I managed to spell edition addition and not notice whilst staring at if for a good 10 minutes.
  • Time...
to name a few however after regretting choosing to do a project as complicated as it was in terms of planning (I will attach my simple storyboards at some point) and time wise I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

some stills

Australia




England





I have to say I very much prefer The finished look of Australia because I spent more time on it and had more of an Idea what was going to happen. However I do like the  interaction between animation and animator with the cup of tea.

Here is the finished animations my sister kindly done the recording for the voice.


However it is all done and I can certainly say that I have learnt a lot from it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment